My way of working as a coach
I am Co-Active Coach. Co-Active Coaching means (amongst more) that we, the coach and the coachee, are active together. You tell me what your coach question is or we discover it together. I follow your agenda. During the conversation we may discover that at that time a different direction is more important to you. Then we follow that direction. By asking questions I’ll let you find the answers, step by step a layer deeper, without being threatening. I advise you not or rarely. I challenge you and hold up a mirror for you by offering you playful methods and challenging home assignments. Read more about this way of coaching on http://www.thecoaches.com/why-cti/what-is-co-active.
First, we have an interview to discover if there is a click. Then we have a discovery conversation, in which we are building the foundation from which we work together.
- What do you want from me and what you want from yourself?
- Where do you want to go and what can be helpful for you?
- How do you want me to be as your coach?
- Agreements on how you want me, as your coach, to treat you (for example: what is the best way to confront you?)
- Agreements on practical issues, such as how often we’ll have a coaching session, where we meet, what is the price.
I’ll send you a questionnaire. The answers will help me to get to know you better.
The coaching sessions are of course confidential. If you want to share something with someone, it is up to you (and not to me). If your employer gives you the opportunity to be coached by me, we make clear agreements about what, when, by whom and how feedback will take place.
The coaching can also take place via Skype.